Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Watched North & South








  Well I finally got to watch North & South courtesy of youtube. All four episodes in full just wish I had watched it in Large Play instead of normal. It would have made seeing it a lot easier and better. Anyway, after having finally watched North & South on youtube I now want the book and dvd. Must be even better on a television screen as opposed to a computer screen.

   With Margret Hale all I could think about was Renee Zellweger playing her because the somewhat earnestness and accent  of Margret and Bridget Jones, except Bridget seemed to be slightly desperate. But then like Daniela Denby- Ashe, I don't think Renee would be strong enough co-star for Richard. For when he is on screen that is who your eyes and ears are drawn to, but North & South was still very,very good. Trying to pick one scene out as a favorite is impossible, well unless Richard's in them and then it is all of the above.  But the one screen that just really got to me was the one in the train station. Oh My Gosh. Mr. Thornton went south to Margret's old home looking for her and she went back to Milton looking for him and then they meet in a train station in the middle and she had brought Henry Lennox, Lordy talk about someone having a stick up his butt. But John and Margret go and sit on a bench in the middle of the station and she is talking business and he is smiling and then he takes her hand  and then she takes his one in both of hers and kisses it and then they kiss( I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it ). Of course I was also thinking his mother would be absolutely scandalized if she knew about that kiss in public and would probably blame Margret.



 But that kiss is what sealed the deal for me in wanting the dvd and book. And as I stated on twitter," If there should be another remake of 'Pride & Prejudice', Richard Armitage should be Mr. Darcy." But since then I have amended that thought to include Richard as Heathcliff from 'Wuthering Heights' and Edward Rochester of 'Jane Eyre'.


No comments:

March 2020

A March 2020 calendar. Time from time I will post one.