Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Battle of the Guyliner

 I first heard the term guyliner in context with Richard Armitage's portrayal of Guy of Gisborne and automatically thought that since Guy wore eyeliner  it was therefore called 'guyliner' in his honor. Yeah. Well, I think I may have made a mistake in that thought because when I was looking around the internet about the Captain Hook on 'Once Upon a Time' and found a post in which Captain Hook is said to wear guyliner. Now the reality is this is nothing new. I mean my gosh every rock band of the 1980's wore 'guyliner' but were secure enough in their masculinity to call it what it really is...eyeliner.

  So back to looking for Captain Hook, who I did find. He is Irish actor Colin O'Donahue and pictures of him as Hook got me to thinking that he looked a little familiar.




  I immediately thought of Guy but Guy doesn't wear that much liner. Just can look like he is when it runs because he is all nice and sweaty...




 Oh sorry  was busy staring. Back to the subject..

Then I thought of Russel Brand, which is insulting to all that have been mentioned and to those writing and reading this post.



 My final thought is Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow but tamed down quiet a bit. Not the full-on glam of the pirate.



  I don't know maybe the two captains do wear the same amount of guyliner.

But they will never beat out my love, Guy.

1 comment:

Fanny/iz4blue said...

Nobody rocks the Guyliner better!

March 2020

A March 2020 calendar. Time from time I will post one.