Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Finding North and South

This post may not seem to have anything to do with Richard right now, but wait a little while  and you will see otherwise.

Now, last night I was having a lovely conversation with a couple of my Twitter friends about the Amazon Kindle and the Barnes & Nobel Nook, and naturally the conversation turned to e-books. Actually the conversation started because I finally figured out what #RA4R3 mean, which of course is,Richard Armitage for Richard III, and was told that they were talking about 'Sunne in Splendour: a Novel of Richard III' by Sharon Kay Pennman. Which I utterly forgot about or I would have had the book already.

Anyway, the conversation segued  between normal books and e-books and the different reading devices and those of us that have a Kindle agreed about liking getting free books on it. So the conversation went on about that topic for a while and then we said good night. Well, later on I went on my Kindle to see if I could find anymore free books I would want to read and that is when it happened. In front of me, for free, was Elizabeth Gaskell's 'North and South' and I swear I felt like Geraldine when she realized that Harry had proposed to her. Oh my gosh! All I wanted to do was jump up and down and scream, but I didn't because I didn't want people to wake up and think I was off my rocker. The book seems to be unabridged, it has 400 pages so I would hope that would be North and South in its entirety.

This is Richard's fault because if I did not learn of his existence I would not have wanted to have that kind of reaction. But then if it wasn't for Richard Armitage I would not have met some wonderful people around the web.


No comments:

March 2020

A March 2020 calendar. Time from time I will post one.