Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Richard Armitage's New Role

  Sometimes just before  I drift off to sleep  I get some ideas that in the light of day do not make sense, but this one does. Try and follow because my brain is quite scattered but in the end it makes sense to me.

  Okay I think I read in some interview that Richard had said that his next project is based on a book and to wait and see. First thought was Matthew Clairmont in Discovery of Witches. Then we started seeing recent photos of Richard with longer hair and scruff wearing dark shirts so that led some to think that he is being cast as Euron Greyjoy in Game of Thrones. Sure that is logical and sensible. Perfect sense.

  Now it is my turn. With news that Spooks is being made into a movie with Peter Firth and Servetus'  Me+Richard post about Richard's thinness, got me to thinking that Richard will be in the movie and not in flashbacks alone. Yes it has been stated that Lucas North is dead. Well of course Lucas North is dead John Bateman, Richard's character's REAL name, killed the real Lucas North and assumed his identity. So no Lucas North but there has been no mention of John Bateman of not appearing.

  Okay. Harry and Lucas/John are on the rooftop and Harry is offering whatever kind of help Lucas/John needs and it is being rejected and then Lucas/John tells harry to turn around and of course instead of being shot as expected Harry hears a car alarm and there's Lucas/John. For all intent purposes Lucas/John is dead. What if he didn't die? What if Harry gets down to the car before any official authorities arrive and to make sure that Lucas/John is dead he checks for a pulse and finds a faint one? He then figures he can help Lucas/John by telling everyone that he had died and cons the doctors, nurses and EMTs into keeping quiet by telling them it is a matter of national security and they ar to tell no one. Even if authorities question them are they to say anything other than whatever line Harry feeds them. Meanwhile John eventually physically recovers from massive internal injuries ( it's the movies) and leaves Great Britain for parts unknown so he can try and either kill himself again or just goes off and becomes a hermit of sorts.

  Harry, who is still in trouble, gets information through back channels as to John's whereabouts and goes to him to see if they can help each other. Now John, who is still a relative mess, wants no part of Harry and looks as bad as he did when he was released from the Russian prison and has become more than a bit of a booze hound ( a drunk).

  That is as far as my line of thought has gotten on that part. But Richard is starting to look like a John after he was released from prison, but older. Naturally.



So that is my take on what Richard Armitage's new role could be. If I am right I will be so proud of myself.

6 comments:

Gratiana Lovelace said...

I've been writing a fan fic about Lucas after the fall. I gave him a parachute. Ha!

Gratiana Lovelace said...

I've been writing a fan fic about Lucas after the fall. I gave him a parachute. Ha!

HaRA said...

That's a really great theory. A definite possibility. I could totally see that happening, and it would explain RA's weight loss.

CassiaDeWarren said...

Interesting theory. Bet now? :-D

perry said...

Not likely, but fun to think about.

Servetus said...

Hmm, I stand by my remark that he's thinner, but I'm skeptical it's in aid of Spooks. Of course I could be wrong. However, Armitage has been consistently unwilling to revisit old territory -- he was quoted as saying that he worked very hard on the RH writers to make his death definitive; the SB writer, Frank Spotnitz, said they realized there was no way Armitage was every coming back. And Armitage was quoted constantly about appreciating how sudden, striking, and final the deaths on Spooks were.

I also think it would be a professional step backwards for him and not great for the film -- if Spooks films are going to establish themselves, they need to have exciting, gripping new ideas, not the resolution of old problems.

FWIW.

March 2020

A March 2020 calendar. Time from time I will post one.