Saturday, August 3, 2013

Richard As Batman?

  This week came word that the Man of Steel will join forces with the Dark Knight for the Superman sequel and almost immediately Richard Armitage is on the shortlist, or short wish list, to be Batman to Henry Cavill's Superman.

  I am  kind of on board with the prospect of Richard being Batman because he has already played a Dark Knight of sorts with Guy of Gisborne, who was a Black Knight, but I'm worried about Richard being typed cast as an action hero type without being allowed, by who ever, to stretch and show his traditional acting skills that we know he has.

   I know that he is on the wish list of fans that are familiar with a remake of a 1970's period piece, that I can not think of the name of for nothing in the world, that would love to see Richard in the title role. Plus there is also those that want Richard as Matthew Clairmont in 'A Discovery of Witches' and if I ever finish up my post about that book you will find out why I think that would be a good idea. It will more than likely be a naive point of view, but that's me.

  Anyway back to casting Batman. In addition to Richard making the list there is also Ryan Gosling, who is too short and skinny and who I find to be not all that attractive, nothing in particular other than he is a blond and he is not Daniel Craig or Robert Plant the only two blonds that I really like.  A young Robert Plant late 1960's through the 1970's , oh my G_d,you talk about being gobsmacked and he's old enough to be my father.

  Where was I? Oh yes, Richard's competition for Batman. Ryan Gosling, as I said before; True Bloods Joe Manganiello, talk about being able to fill out the batman suit; Josh Brolin...WHY? I'm befuddled on that one. Max Martini, eh, not really seeing it.Plus Max is a ginger...no, no, no. Male gingers need not apply. And the last one is Matthew Goode, who I keep seeing as a bit of a dark haired Macaulay Culkin mixed with maybe a bit of Dana Carvey. The only reason he seems to be on the list is that he worked in Zack Snyder's, named director of 'Man of Steel 2',  2009 movie 'Watchmen' as Ozymandias. I guess nepotism is being hoped for in this case.



Ryan Gosling





Joe Manganiello





Josh Brolin


Max Martini





Matthew Goode


2 comments:

Faboamanto said...

The 1970's series is Poldark

Lady M said...

Thank You, Faboamanto! For some strange reason I kept wanting to put Polecat down and knew that would not work. LOL!

March 2020

A March 2020 calendar. Time from time I will post one.