Thursday, August 22, 2013

And the New Batman is...

Ben "Friggin'" Affleck has been named as the new Batman as per news services almost 40 minutes or so ago. Yes, that's right. What the hell are the taking over at Warner Brothers!? I would have taken Batman as a ginger over Ben Affleck. I mean REALLY, why didn't they just name Ryan Gosling or Max Martini to the role?


  Now I know some, at least on Twitter are willing to give Ben a chance but I am not one of them because I believe that Henry Cavill will end up carrying the new movie on his back, especially if Ben asks George Clooney advice on Batman. If he does that will be the end of Batman for maybe another 20 years.  I also made the mistake in thinking that he bombed in a super hero movie where he met his wife, but I looked it up after I shot my tweets out and found that I was wrong. $179 million isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

 Anyway,  Ben should stay behind the camera he is less boring that way.

  Now that is out of the way, I can also sigh with relief that Richard wasn't named Batman. Yes it would have been a nice feather in his acting career but this could mean that something better is coming down the proverbial pipeline for him. Matthew Clairmont? Ross Poldark? Or someone completely different? Richard is going to come out of this better and a little less typecast as a kick butt actor that is not allowed to show his true acting skills. But he would have made a FARR sexier Bruce Wayne. Oh Guy, Richard in the tight Batman costume? If people still give costume parties that would be one way to get him into the Batman outfit.

No comments:

March 2020

A March 2020 calendar. Time from time I will post one.